INTRA-DAY INDICATIVE VALUE
EXPENSE RATIO (GROSS/NET %)
0.40 / 0.40*
Feb 05, 2020
The Direxion Flight to Safety Strategy ETF aims to deliver a simple, yet robust, approach to portfolio risk mitigation from equity market drawdowns while also providing long-term appreciation potential. By combining long-term U.S. treasury bonds, utility stocks, and gold bullion, the ETF may act as a diversified ballast for portfolios while also acting as a source of uncorrelated returns.
- A strategy that delivers attractive total return potential with defensive equity characteristics
- A way to introduce portfolio risk mitigation that does not require precision in timing and ongoing carry costs
- An ETF with a low correlation to equities and stable volatility can help deliver added diversification to portfolios
The Direxion Flight to Safety Strategy ETF seeks to provide total returns that exceed the total return of the Solactive Flight to Safety Index over a complete market cycle. There is no guarantee that the fund will achieve its stated investment objective.
The Solactive Flight to Safety Index (the "Index") measures the performance of a volatility-weighted basket of gold, U.S. listed large-capitalization utility stocks, and U.S. treasury bonds with remaining maturities of greater than 20 years. The Index rebalances on a quarterly basis such that the weight of each component (U.S. treasury bonds, utility stocks, and gold) will be based on the contribution of the volatility of each component to the overall Index. The least volatile component of the Index, based on each component's trailing 5 year volatility measure, will receive the largest weighting. The gold component will be limited to 22.5% of the Index and its volatility will be based on the volatility of the spot price of gold.
Strategy & Benefits
Top 10 Holdings %
|NextEra Energy Inc||4.59|
|The Southern Co||2.59|
|Duke Energy Corp||2.49|
|Dominion Energy Inc||2.41|
|American Electric Power Co Inc||1.79|
|US Treasury N/B||1.77|
|US Treasury N/B||1.67|
|US Treasury N/B||1.62|
Asset Class Weightings %
|US 20+ Year Treasury Bonds||44.91|
|US Large & Mid Cap Utilities||32.71|
Source: Bloomberg. Index and Sector weightings are net and as of 12/31/2019 and subject to change.
The Solactive Flight to Safety Index combines long-term U.S. treasury bonds, utility stocks, and gold to provide multi-asset defensive exposures.
- Asset classes were selected for their defensive characteristics
- Asset classes were selected for their low-to-negative correlations to each other
- Risk-weighted approach based on trailing volatility
Pricing and Performance
Pricing and Performance
NAV and Market Price information as of March 27, 2020. Line chart shows pricing trend over the last 30 days.
Net asset value (NAV)
market price closing
Premium / Discount
* The Net Expense Ratio includes management fees, other operating expenses and Acquired Fund Fees and Expenses. If Acquired Fund Fees and Expenses were excluded, the Net Expense Ratio would be 0.30%. Rafferty Asset Management, LLC ("Rafferty") has entered into an Operating Services Agreement with the Fund. Under this Operating Services Agreement, Rafferty has contractually agreed to pay all expenses of the Fund through September 1, 2021 other than the following: management fees, Rule 12b-1 distribution and/or service fees, taxes, swap financing and related costs, dividends or interest on short positions, other interest expenses, brokerage commissions, expenses incurred in connection with any merger or reorganization, acquired fund fees and expenses, and extraordinary expenses. If these expenses were included, the expense ratio would be higher.
The performance data quoted represents past performance. Past performance does not guarantee future results. The investment return and principal value of an investment will fluctuate. An investor’s shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. Returns for performance under one year are cumulative, not annualized. For the most recent month-end performance please visit the funds website at www.direxion.com.
Short-term performance, in particular, is not a good indication of the fund’s future performance, and an investment should not be made based solely on returns. Because of ongoing market volatility, fund performance may be subject to substantial short-term changes. For additional information, see the fund’s prospectus.
- Direxion Flight to Safety Strategy ETF
|Record Date||Ex Date||Pay Date||Income Dividend||Short-Term Capital Gain||Long-Term Capital Gain|