Direxion ETF Alerts
Everything you need to know about Direxion's ETF Alerts program
Direxion offers leveraged and inverse exchange-traded funds (ETFs), as well as non-leveraged ETFs. Direxion’s daily leveraged and inverse exchange-traded funds (ETFs) seek to magnify, or provide inverse exposure to, the daily performance of broad market and sector specific indexes. Direxion also offers Single Stock ETFs, which seek to magnify, or provide inverse exposure to, the daily performance of a specified underlying stock. These funds require constant monitoring and potentially nimble trading depending on various market conditions. Direxion’s Non-Leveraged ETFs seek to track the performance of specified indexes.
Direxion's ETF Alerts are designed to help you activity monitor our funds by alerting you to significant price movements and/or volume spikes. To subscribe for alerts tailored specifically to your preferences, you will be asked to provide us with your:
- First and last name,
- Email address, and
- Mobile phone number
Important Information for Subscribers
You can cancel your subscription to Direxion's ETF Alerts at any time. There are two ways to do so:
- Visit the ETF Alert Preference Center and adjust your ETF Alerts settings. You can either remove or adjust individual alerts or disable ETF Alerts altogether.
- To opt out via text, simply reply "STOP" to the text message. After you send the message "STOP" to us, we will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive any ETF Alerts messages from us. Message and data rates may apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can set up alerts on any of Direxion's Leveraged, Inverse and Non-Leveraged ETFs. For each Fund you select, you can choose to be alerted when the Fund reaches a chosen threshold for price movement and/or volume spikes. For price movement alerts, you can set your notification thresholds from 4-10% change (increase or decrease). For volume spikes alerts, you can set your notification threshold from 40-100% increase, in 5% increments.
You can set up to 10 total alerts. This could be 1 alert type for 10 separate funds, or 2 alert types for 5 separate funds, for example.
The methodology is as follows:
- Alert Timing – Price and volume market data is checked every five minutes during market hours (9:45 AM – 4:00 PM Eastern Time (ET) Monday through Friday). Price movement alerts may be triggered at any point starting at 9:45 AM ET. Volume spike alerts may be triggered at any point starting at 11:00 am ET in order to avoid alerts being generated by market open volume anomalies that sometimes occur. The ETF Activity Alerts do not provide you with real time market data. There will be a delay between the real time market data and the transmission of the alert.
- Price Movements – Every five minutes, starting at 9:45 AM each trading day, the current market price of your selected fund(s) will be compared to the fund’s prior day closing market prices. If that price exceeds the percent threshold that you selected as your trigger parameter, an alert will be generated and sent to you. Only one message will be generated per day for each fund/price threshold combination you establish.
- Volume Spikes – At 11:00 AM ET each trading day volume spike checks will begin and continue every five minutes thereafter. At each check the intra-day volume up to that time in the day will be compared to the 20- day moving average volume for that same time of day, and if it is greater than the percent threshold that you selected as your trigger parameter, an alert will be generated and sent to you. Only one message will be generated per day for each fund/volume spike threshold combination you establish.
The ETF Activity Alerts are for informational purposes only. You should consult your adviser or trading platform for any information before placing a trade.
No. The ETF Alerts will be sent while the US financial markets are open.
Price and volume market data is checked every five minutes during market hours (9:45 AM – 4:00 PM Eastern Time (ET) Monday through Friday). Price movement alerts may be triggered at any point starting at 9:45 AM ET. Volume spike alerts may be triggered at any point starting at 11:00 am ET in order to avoid alerts being generated by market open volume anomalies that sometimes occur. Only one message will be generated per day for each fund/price movement or fund/volume spike threshold combination you establish.
At this time, we are only offering our ETF Alerts via text message. However, you can subscribe for other operational updates and email newsletters.
No. Direxion will only send you texts and emails based on your communication preferences you have subscribed to receive.
You can update your alert preferences or opt out via our ETF Alerts Preference Center.
Message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
You are responsible for updating your contact details via the ETF Alerts Preference Center.
Yes, you can either toggle the 'ETF Activity Alerts' to off via the ETF Alerts Preference Center, or reply 'STOP' to you text message to pause your ETF alerts. When you're ready to resume receiving alerts, simply reply again with 'RESUME'.
Refer to our Legal Notices for full details on how Direxion uses and safeguards any personal information that we collect
Text alerts are delivered 15 minutes after the data is available. Additional delays may occur based on your wireless provider. Wireless providers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. A list of participating wireless carriers is available here.
Based on our methodology (see explanation above), we need 20 trading days of data to calculate volume spikes and send accurate SMS alerts, so we don’t allow volume spike alerts to be set up for new funds until 20 trading days after it launches. However, you can set up price movement alerts immediately after a fund launches.