The Hilton Tactical Income Fund primarily seeks income with a secondary investment objective of capital appreciation consistent with the preservation of capital.
|Overall Morningstar Rating1||★★||★★★|
1 Out of 247 Tactical Allocation funds as of 12/31/2021. An investments overall Morningstar Rating, based on its risk adjusted return, is a weighted average of its applicable 3 -, 5-, and 10-year Ratings. See disclosures on the back for details..
Investment Philosophy & Management
Hilton’s Investment Philosophy
Hilton Capital Management follows a distinctive investment process that principally focuses on yield while attempting to mitigate market risk. The manager aims to invest in high quality companies that may offer an attractive level of risk adjusted returns. When a potential position is evaluated for inclusion, Hilton’s management team examines the company across their capital structure to determine where the investment opportunity offers the best risk adjusted return potential. They seek to limit the volatility in the portfolio and generate solid returns without taking on undue risk. The managers believe, through the use of tactical asset allocation amongst cash, equities, and fixed-income; they can generate attractive returns while reducing fund volatility over market cycles.
Hilton Capital Management, LLC, a subsidiary of Rafferty Holdings, LLC, was founded in 2001 and is a privately held firm based in Garden City, NY. As of 12/31/2021, the firm had approximately $2.4 billion in client assets.
- William J. Garvey, Chief Investment Officer
Mr. Garvey, with over 30 years of industry experience is the founder and Chief Investment Officer of Hilton Capital. Mr. Garvey has developed a distinctive investment process that serves as the core of the firm’s investment philosophy.
- C. Craig O’Neill, Chief Executive Officer
Mr. O’Neill, with 30 years in the industry is the Chief Executive Officer of Hilton Capital. Mr. O’Neill is a member of the investment committee as well as a co-portfolio manager.
- Alexander D. Oxenham, CFA, Partner & Co-Chief Investment Officer
Mr. Oxenham, with 22 years of industry experience, participates in the active management of the Hilton Capital investment strategy. Mr. Oxenham is a CFA charterholder and a standing member of the CFA Institute.
Strategy & Benefits
Principal Investment Strategy
- The Fund is managed to employ a disciplined approach to balancing fixed income investments with historically higher income producing equity securities, with a focus on minimizing absolute risk and volatility but still taking advantage of short term opportunities.
- In addition to targeting a consistent level of income for shareholders the Fund is also focused on creating a portfolio that offers the potential for both capital appreciation and preservation.
- This actively managed Fund will invest in a diversified variety of income producing assets and provides monthly income distributions.
- The Fund utilizes a collaborative team-based research and portfolio management process to ensure consistency surrounding portfolio construction coupled with diverse research views.
Key Strategy Benefits
- Multi-sector equity and fixed-income approach which seeks to generate income and manage risk.
- Needs-based security focus designed to seek higher dividends with lower cyclicality across market cycles.
- Tactical management style aiming to avoid undue risk while taking advantage of short to medium term opportunities.
- Income distributions occur monthly.
Diversification does not protect against a loss or ensure a gain. There is no guarantee the fund will achieve its investment objective.
Fund Holdings & Weightings
Top 10 Equity Holdings %
|NextEra Energy, Inc.||2.28|
|Accenture PLC (Ireland)||2.05|
|Republic Services, Inc.||2.03|
|Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corp.||1.90|
|Cisco Systems, Inc.||1.89|
|AvalonBay Communities, Inc.||1.85|
Top 10 Fixed Income Holdings %
|United States Treasury Note/Bond||9.21|
|iShares Preferred & Income Securities ETF||6.16|
|Invesco Senior Loan ETF||5.55|
|United States Treasury Note/Bond||3.62|
|Vanguard Short-Term Corporate Bond ETF||3.15|
|United States Treasury Note/Bond||2.01|
|SPDR Blackstone Senior Loan ETF||0.99|
|Qurate Retail, Inc.||0.90|
Source: Bloomberg. All holdings and sector weightings are as of 12/31/2021 and are subject to change. Diversification does not protect against a loss or ensure a gain. There is no guarantee the fund will achieve its investment objective.
Pricing & Performance
NAV and Market Price information as of —. Line chart shows pricing trend over the last 30 days. The Primary Listing Exchange is the NYSE Arca, Inc.
Download the following Tax Reporting Documents